Sunday, May 31, 2009

Apa Yang Kau Tunggu??


I went to hostel as early as 12 years old (biologically). i always consider myself one year younger because of my birth date :P. So I'd say I was pretty young then.

My parents especially my dad had trouble to release me on my own. I'm his youngest daughter. In the risk of being called a spoilt child (anak manja), i decided to go to school and live in a hostel.

It was an old school with old buildings. Regardless of the continuing maintenance upgrade, it was still, an old and the so-called haunted hostel. Tremendous disturbance occurred while i was there. But oh well, i don't want to reminisce every single thing here. There's only one occurrence that I myself confused to evaluate. I can't really tell, was it a disturbance or a sign.

There was one night that i skipped the night prep. I was a lazy bump back then. Breaking simple rules were so petty before my eyes. It was not just me, but also 2 other friends of mine, which i remember only one now. I called her Angah.

She was studying (the diligent yet naughty hostelier) and I was sleeping. I suddenly awoke because of my sleep paralysis. I was so accustomed to that peculiar sleep problems of mine that I tend to ignore it and tried to get back to sleep. However, when i was paralyzed, I heard a voice saying "Apa yang kau tunggu?" (What are you waiting for?). I was nervous and scared. The voice was so clear that I couldn't think of it as a hallucination. It was a man' s voice.
A voice without a body. Hmm...

I could see Angah studied in front of me without moving an inch. She didn't sense anything wrong, I suppose. So when I was able to move my musle and body I rose and tried to join Angah. I tried to study. I didn't tell her straight away because I didn't want to scare her. Few minutes after that, there were sounds of footsteps outside the dorm. It was our friend. Our night-prep was over. So we automatically rose and tried to act like we were also, just got back from the night prep. It was a successful act.

The next morning, I heard there was another disturbance occuring to our chef in Dewan Makan. He thought he was talking to someone beside him. But he soon realized that no one was there, but the smoke of the cigarette was still fresh in the air. . Hmm.. fishy..it happened during the prep time.. when no students were allowed to walk around hostel or even DM. So who was the mystery smoker? only God knows whether it was a random naughty student or de facto another entity.

Nauzubillah. .

Up until now, I could still remember that voice and what he says. Sometimes i feel scared. but most of the time, I feel inspired. (weird? don't be). The words " Apa yang kau tunggu?" actually reminds me of how much time I have left to accomplish what I had to do. It also motivates me to grab and grasp some opportunities lied in front of me. Most importantly, it reminds me that I shall not wait for others to do something that I'm capable of doing.But as a human being, there were so many things that I've taken for granted in my life. I regret some of them, since there are certain things that you just cannot amend for the rest of your life.

My moral for today is.. when there's still chance and time.. WHY WAIT? . . why wait to be help ed while you're capable of lending your hands? why wait to get beaten in the eye but you could initiate peace? Why wait for others to do what you're suppose to while you hold the responsibility on your shoulder? why wait to be loved when you're not even trying to look for it? why wait for attention but you don't work for it? why wait for the stars while you can't even tell which is the cloud?

P/s.. gambar di atas hanya luahan kekesalan tak siap lagi assignment calculus. Thank you for reading.

3 comments:

mimiqt said...

Sleep paralysis: A frightening form of paralysis that occurs when a person suddenly finds himself or herself unable to move for a few minutes, most often upon falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis is due to an ill-timed disconnection between the brain and the body.

hafiz CHouJi said...

Akhirnye, bole juge komen.

This entry reminds me of the time when I was in primary school. I was lazy to attend Tarawih prayer because it's always long and tiring. My mom always forced me to go. Not wanting to disobey her, I went every time but always sleep during prayer. I let my automatic mechanisms do the work.

One day, the imam recited a veeeery long Surah and as usual, I slept through it. Too deep in slumber, I lost balance and almost fell on my back. But there was someone held me from falling and whispered, "Sembahyang kena khusyuk" (concentrate while praying).

You think there is SOMEONE behind me, right? WRONG. I was at the furthest back of the saffs. Get what I mean, right?

That's why I always try to concentrate when praying, and read long surah is one of my ways doing that.

Okay, I was out of the topic you intended here. But I was just sharing my experience here. Hee~

mimiqt said...

LOL chouji. yes you're out of topic but you're always full of ideas.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Seems like these particular experiences" have potential to boost our spirits somehow. Isn't that just wonderful? and unique. :)